the high desert model home in process
down the center of the roof we've created an electrical chase.
wiring is fed to lighting, smoke detectors, and the like down
this main trunk above the decking -- and then drops down
into the decking flutes to be distributed to the individual
points. this is done to make it easier for the roofers to lay
in their rigid insulation with minimal mess on the decking
the roof decking is perforated in order to create sound
absorption characteristics. without any sound absorption,
the concrete, glass, and steel would be too "live" acoustically.
batt insulation is laid in the channels as a sound deadening
material. But first a thin fabric mesh is placed in the channels
to keep the insulation from poking down through the
perforated holes in the decking.
the metal fascia pieces are attached to the wood nailers
around the entire perimeter of the house. Rigid insulation
will fill up the space behind the nailers and terminate flush
with the fascia. On top of the rigid insulation will be a thin
cement board to which the roof membrane will be adhered
- down the center of the roof we've created an elect...
- the batt insulation comes from the roof decking ma...
- the assembly for sound abosorption looks like this...
- the roof decking is perforated in order to create ...
- the final appearance of the metalic fascia around ...
- the metal fascia pieces are attached to the wood n...
- the finished edge of the roof is a galvalume fasci...
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2006 (57)